Learn how to write a short introduction about yourself in German. This can also be used for your Level A1 test preparation.
Verbs (all highlighted in the text above)
- ich bin – I am
-> You can use “Ich bin” and add your name, your age and your job! E.G. “Ich bin Martina. Ich bin 22 Jahre alt. Ich bin Journalistin.
To say your name, you can also use the verb “heißen”: Ich heiße Martina.
- ich studiere – I study
- meine Hobbies sind – my Hobbies are
-> if you have only one hobby: “Mein Hobby ist..”
some other hobbies: lesen, singen, tanzen, reisen, fotografieren, Musik hören, wandern, joggen,…
- ich wohne in – I live in
- in the German language, nouns, names and places are written with a capital letter*. Examples from the text: Leute, Andreas , Jahre, Berlin, Anglistik, Hobbys (plural), Sport, Sprachen.
- “ich” is only written with a capital at the beginning of a sentence, so this is not like in English. But we do use capitals for the formal pronouns “Sie”, “Ihre”, etc. For more information, please also refer to the link below.
*of course that’s not all, for more information about when to use the capital letter in German, please look here.
- the German Plural of Hobby is “Hobbys” with a “y”
- more information about numbers and their pronunciation: see here
Now, for your own German writing practise, why not write your own introduction! If you want a feedback, leave your introduction in the comments!